My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Happy Hall of Shame

Wow! Thank you for all of the replies to my question about how to stay organized. You people are amazing; there's no doubt about that. I have to admit, some of your methods postively scare me. They seem so complicated! But they also confirm what I suspected: Having an organizational system is key, especially when you have two or more kids in school and involved in extracurricular activities.

I've been busy at home lately, puttering around and doing home beautification projects. Nothing major, although I did expand my "hall of shame." You know what I'm talking about, right? The hall of shame is the hallway filled with embarrassing photos of your kids that they'll hate when they're old enough to date the opposite sex. Ideally, these photos in the hallway of shame should be no smaller than 8 X 10, be encased in ornate frames, and be poorly done studio portraits or--ideally--school pictures. Extra points for noticeable zits and braces.

This is a busy week for us. Today I hosted a Halloween party with playgroup friends. Emily refused to wear a costume, but Thomas was a cute robot. Err, I mean a sturdy, well-constructed, and intelligent robot. We had about 20 kids and 12 adults here at the house. Except for the "brownie ground into the playroom carpet" mishap, the party was a success and a good time was had by all. Needless to say, I'm tired right now. *Yawn!*

Playgroup Halloween Party


Tomorrow I have to figure out some way to get Emily into her costume for the parade at school. Or not. I'm pretty sure it matters more to me than to her. After school we're meeting Mike at work for Google's annual Halloween party. I can honestly say that I'm tired already.

And we can't forget that Wednesday is November 1 -- the first day of NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo! Can you believe we're almost into November and the whole crazy holiday shopping season?? Stores are already bursting with Christmas stuff; I confess I've already bought wrapping paper and gift tags. And this Friday we're getting a family photo taken for our holiday card. Oh, and for another addition to the hall of shame. Perfect.

I've got to go. I've got the stash of brownies I hid from the kids calling my name. Nighty night.