My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Reentry's a Mutha

We're back! The trip was just wonderful; the weather was beautiful, Emily was a better travelling companion than most adults I know, and we got to see lots of family members.

I'm still recovering from four days of overeating, over drinking, and under exercising, but here are some pictures from my niece Jessica's birthday party on Friday night, my cousin Jodi's baby shower on Saturday, and the Silent Auction and Benefit for my uncle Jim on Sunday.

Some of you may remember that my uncle was hit by a car back in January. He still is recovering and is permanently blind. The benefit was an amazing tribute to a man who has touched many lives. My sister did a lot of the hard work organizing the auction itself. She's a professional; the event was a smashing success and went smoothly. If you're in the Chicago area and need a fundraising expert, let me know!

I'm tired and need to turn in, but let me just tell you about my awesome daughter. Emily was so cheerful and easy going the entire trip, and I know that she was put to the test many times. We stayed up late, ate on a different schedule, hung out at all kinds of places, chatted with seemingly infinite numbers of people... Not to mention all of the smiling for the cameras! Emily never threw a tantrum or acted unreasonable. Also? No potty accidents. She and I definitely are going on more mother-daughter trips together. I can't wait until the next one.

Tremont Hotel - Chicago