My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Kids Menu: No

Tonight I met my friend Mary for dinner. Yes, she's one of those committed-yet-childless people who lives twenty minutes from me and whom I manage to see about once a year. We ate at 2223 Restaurant on Market Street in San Francisco. In a word: yum. The food was freakin' excellent. I had a Caesar salad with capers and creamy garlic dressing and an entree of mussels, clams, and shrimp in some kind of amazing broth. You know that if I was alone, I would have tipped that shallow rimmed bowl back and just drained it, people. Drained it!

Thankfully, I wasn't alone. Nor was I at Red Robin. There were no crayons, no chicken nuggets on the menu, and we did not get a free toy or ballon when we left. Which is probably why we managed to very easily spend two hours drinking, eating, laughing, and catching up on what's new in our lives.

I wish Mike enjoyed nice meals out -- he just isn't a big fan of them. Oh well... Hi, Mary! Wanna be my new dinner partner?

I'm a total social butterfly this week. I went out last night, tonight, and I'm going out again tomorrow night. This is turning out to be quite the busy week for me with something planned every night except Thursday, when I'll be busy packing for my four day weekend in Chicago. Just me and Emily: the Tsao girls on the loose. This is our first trip just the two of us since she was four months old. And this time... DRUM ROLL, PLEASE... no diaper bag! That's right. The girl seems to be completely potty trained (knock on my hollow head) and I'm not even sure if I'm going to bring a spare outfit with us on the plane. Very daring, I know.

We'll be staying downtown and we've got a big weekend planned. Cross your fingers that the weather doesn't ruin my niece's birthday party and haunted river cruise on Friday night. It's supposed to be in the 40s and raining. The 40s! I'm gonna be freezing off my little big California tush.

Oh, and in case I forget to mention it later, Emily has a big milestone coming up this Thursday: her first official school portrait! I can hardly believe it. And two weeks from now is a big milestone for me: my first official chaperoning of a field trip. Gulp. I hardly feel old enough to be chaperoning myself. My how my life has changed.

That's it for tonight. I'm happy and full and in the mood to watch some boob tube. Take care of yourself, okay?