My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

NaNoWriMo y NaBloPoMo: Are You In or Are You Sane?

My friends, November fast approaches and with it comes the insanity known as NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month.

So, are you insane like me?

I did it last year and I'm going to do it again this year. Last year, I completed my 50,000 word novel in 25 days. I wrote 2,000 words a day without editing and without looking back. In fact, I still haven't looked back to see if what I wrote was good, bad, ugly, or all three, but who cares? The point is that I did it, and let me tell you, having done it feels really good. Yes, I paid the price, but look how much I've gained.

Rawr.

I can say I wrote a novel. And if you do NaNoWriMo this year, you can say it, too. So, c'mon, let's do it! I'll bring the straight jacket and you bring the bottle of Jack, m'kay?

If the thought of NaNoWriMo makes you want to hurl, what about NaBloPoMo? The creation of one M. Kennedy of Fussy fame, it stands for National Blog Posting Month. Yes, every day in November you post something. Something big, something little, something old, new, sordid, blue... You get the idea. The point is that you post to your blog every day; you will not be graded on quality of content. Look, she's even made our sorry asses buttons. What more do we need? MeL of Stay At Aum Mom is going to do it. I might. Not sure yet if I'm that insane, but I just might be.

Yep, I just might be. Are you?

***
Technorati tags: ,