My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, November 13, 2006

 

Enough about me, let's talk about me

I saw a friend tonight who told me she read about my blog in last month's San Francisco magazine. I played it all cool like and went, "Oh ya, I'll have to try and track down a copy..."

And then of course I ran home and immediately started a frantic Google search for some/any mention of my blog in the online archives of San Francisco magazine. Please, people, I'm a blogger. We're vain. Trust me.

And then I found it!

It was a mention in the Snap Judgements section of the September 2006 issue of San Francisco magazine. (Just in case, uh, you maybe have a copy lying around. You know.) I quote:


"Blogging is by its very nature self-indulgent, but blogging about your kids takes it to a new level. Berkeley writer Ayelet Waldman ignited the burgeoning mommy blogger community with her comment in the New York Times last year that writing about one’s children “is narcissism in its most obscene flowering.” Not surprisingly, she gave up her seminal mommy blog soon after. Nonetheless, the Bay Area has dozens of mommy blogs now. On Mom Writes, Mary Tsao argues that, being “a selfless person in the service of small children who demand juice almost incessantly,” there’s very little in her life that’s about her except for her blog."


As somebody who poured 5 juice cups and made 2 chocolate milks before 10 AM this morning, I am going to have to agree with that statement.

There's also a mention of my fellow mommybloggers Jenny Lauck of Three Kid Circus and Mommybloggers and Grace Davis of State of Grace and Marathon Mom.

Neat. I might just have to get a subscription to that magazine.

***
Technorati tags: , , ,