My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, December 16, 2006

 

DJ Juice and The Girl Who Didn't Want to Go Home

For the first time in our life together as a family, we--Mike, Emily, Thomas, and I--went to back-to-back parties.

My children are party animals. Aww yeah. P.S. They got that from me.

After the first party, Emily noted, "Daddy, that was a good party."

When it was time to leave the second party, Emily simply cried. We had to tell her that we were going to a third party--at "Club 2032"--to get her to agree to leave. Of course, "Club 2032" is our house, which she realized when we pulled into the driveway.

We then had to put on some house music and serve her a post-party dinner/breakfast of eggs and juice before she was satisfied.

All in all, it was a good night. Plus I got a compliment on my new sweater, which totally justified its purchase price, and the phone number of a caterer whom I think I could really work well with. Excellent. A pampered suburban housewife's dream come true.

Party on, people. As a symbol of my love, I give you what Tracey calls "the goat."

IMG_3490


Uh oh. Mike just put on Shakira. I gotta go.