My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, December 08, 2006

 

Hark the Herald Dishwasher Sings

I came home tonight to the sound of the dishwasher humming; that's music to my ears, baby! I rejoice whenever the dishes are done and I'm not the one who did them. Thanks, Mike!

I was out late searching TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less* for pots. Yes, pots. I realized tonight that I don't have a 5-quart dutch oven and I need one to make the beef stroganoff for Thomas's birthday party dinner tomorrow.

Here's a question that will keep me up late tonight: Why didn't I buy that Le Creuset dutch oven when I saw it at TJ Maxx two months ago?!?! Of course it and everything like it was long gone when I visited the store tonight. Dang! I did find a 5-quart dutch oven at Ross Dress for Less, but when I got home I realized it was dented. Double Dang! Oh well, it will do for tomorrow, and what do I expect for $10? I need to add this baby to my Christmas wish list. Let me know if you need my shipping address.

I'm off to bed, but take it from me: When you see something at TJ Maxx, Ross Dress for Less, or Marshalls that you like, buy it immediately! At the very least, put it in your cart and contemplate its purchase as you wander up and down the aisles. If you leave thinking you'll return later to rescue it from its retail hell, it won't be there.

The end.

*I call it "Ross Dress for Less" to piss off Mike, who insists it should be referred to simply as "Ross."

Off topic: The grandparents are in town and Christmas has come early to our house. I got a cookbook and the necklace that I'm wearing in this picture.

***
Technorati tags: ,