My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Love is a meme about me. Oh, and holiday traditions. And you.

It's Love Thursday, a tradition I will carry on when the mood hits me even though Karen of Chookooloonks has decided to end her blogging days. I will very much miss her words; they often were a bright spot in my day. Thank goodness I still have her beautiful photography to inspire me.

What I love today is the fact that I am smack dab in the middle of the holiday season, a time when family and friends are uppermost in my mind. Whether I'm shopping, writing out cards, making cookies, having tea, decorating the tree, or going to parties, I'm realizing how lucky I am to have such a large and supportive network of friends and family.

Here's a meme I picked up over at Suburban Misfit, who got it from Jenorama.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. Although I do like a nice cup of the nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Both. For the kids, we put together the big things and leave them unwrapped.

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? White. I'm a purist. No blinking, either.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have in the past although I did not this year.

5. When do you put up your decorations? The first weekend in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Is there a food other than dessert? Okay, I'm going to have to say tamales, which we are going to have at least twice this holiday season.

7. Favorite childhood holiday memory. Christmas day at my Auntie Patty's house.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Oh, I was probably five. My mom took me and my sister to Dispensa's Castle of Toys and told us to pick out our presents for Christmas. That was a big clue.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights first, starting at the top, then the bows and the ornaments.

11. Snow: love it or dread it? Love it since I don't live with it!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I think I learned at the Houston Galleria ice skating rink in either 3rd or 4th grade.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One of the most memorable Christmas's in my life was the year my family had 96 presents under the tree. I think I was three. I don't remember any one gift in particular, but I will never forget the excitement of that Christmas morning. It was wild.

14. What's the most important thing to you about the holidays? The opportunity to celebrate the friends and family in my life.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of the above. I never met a dessert I didn't like.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Tea with Emily. We went last year and this year.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing! I'm still waiting to find that perfect tree topper.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving gifts? I like giving, but receiving isn't bad, either.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.

***
Technorati tags: , ,