My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Read all about the adventures of the Tsao Family during the summer of 2012

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Annoying little thing called NaNoWriMo

Almost one week into NaNoWriMo and I am experiencing the pain. Physically, my wrists hurt if I attempt more than 2000 words in one day. Mentally, there's always this nagging little voice in my inner ear, reminding me that I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO. That something, of course, is making my daily word count.

But here's the interesting thing: I have been amazingly productive this month. This isn't so surprising because many times procrastination comes disguised as productivity. Wait, did I just schedule our holiday photo shoot, buy all of the supplies for Thomas's birthday party in December, find a babysitting situation for our wedding anniversary night out, vacuum the entire house, clean two toilets with an old toothbrush, and do a yoga DVD while waiting for my hair dye to work? I must have a novel to write!

Speaking of which...