My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, November 01, 2007

 

Head, heart, stomach, and feet


French toast for breakfast
Originally uploaded by marytsao
It's the first day of November and the start of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), and Post a Daily Photo of Your Shoes Month (NoBloShoeMo). Later this month we'll be celebrating what I imagine is every foodie's favorite holiday: Thanksgiving. Two days off work and the stuffing of one's face -- what could be better than that?

I'm definitely doing NaNoWriMo, and I just signed up for NaBloPoMo, but I'm going to pass on NoBloShoeMo; I just can't find the inspiration. But I'm already very inspired about Thanksgiving because this year I'm not hosting. Woo hoo! No working like a dog and slaving over a hot stove for this aspiring novelist. Oh, no. Instead, we're going to a friend's house and I'm bringing a manageable number of dishes with us, namely an appetizer, a side dish, and a dessert. Easy!

[I better make this post short and sweet since every blog post I write this month is a page or two of my novel that I'm not writing. Procrastination, thy name is mommyblogger.]

Oh, but here's the description I put on my Ning account for NaBloPoMo: Sober feminist housewife and mother. All praise group therapy! I'm thinking of making this my new tag line as soon as I get off my behind and get a new banner made. I realize that a woman holding a full glass of red wine is no longer representative of my sober self. For now let's just pretend it's cranberry juice in a pretty glass, m'kay?

Off to pound out the first two thousand words of this year's masterpiece. Happy first day of November to you. If you're starting NaNoWriMo, too, then good luck!