My Photo
Location: Northern California

Read all about the adventures of the Tsao Family during the summer of 2012

Wednesday, June 28, 2006


Suburban Housewife Takes Navel Gazing to New High

Originally uploaded by marytsao.
I like clothes. Don't laugh. Notice I said "clothes," and not "style." I like style, too, but I'm not sure if style likes me.

Enter Liz Thompson's recent BlogHer post Dressing For Success: Have You Been Bitch-Slapped, Today? which got me thinking about the clothes that I wear. What do my outfits say about me? Am I an easy-going mom or an uptight mutha? Am I fun? Carefree? Warm? Caring? Bitchy? Classist? Preppy? Hot? Unclear about my advancing age?

All of the above? Decline to state?

Another BlogHer post that caught my eye turned me on to a Flickr group called Wardrobe Remix. Members of this group take a photo of their outfit every day for two weeks.

I thought the idea was pretty cool, but I worried that my outfits weren't Harajuku enough for Wardrobe Remix. So I decided to do it on my own.

That's right! Every day I will take a photo of what not to wear, errr, what I'm wearing, and I will post it to Flickr. I won't always blog about it (you can thank me later), but you can go to my Flickr set What I Wear: Suburban Housewife Edition to check out my latest get up or just to laugh your ass off.

I imagine the imaginary pressure will inspire me to try a little harder when I pick out my outfit in the morning. Also, these are full-length photos so look out for that butt, girl!

Let the games begin.

A funny quote: You look like my mommy after her box of wine. -Ralph, "The Simpsons"

A sad sight: This mommy tipping the box of wine to get the last of it out. When did the box of wine replace the keg, people? I'm officially old.

Technorati tags: , , ,