My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Day 15: Insert Witty Headline Here

Today was supposed to be the day that I get all caught up on my writing and instead it turned out to be the day that I went to a meeting, then spent hours dealing with a neighbor and our fence contractor over the wood that the fence contractor used for the kickboard of our fence.

Please, stop me if I'm boring you to tears.

At least the fence company just called and told me they'll re-do the fence they've already put up with no extra labor charge. All that to change the kickboard wood to pressure treated at an extra cost of $1.00/linear foot. I really wish they had quoted me the more expensive wood in the beginning. The total additional charge is less than $100. My headache must be worth at least half that.

Based on my reaction to this minor fence glitch, I wonder if I could ever handle a remodel or building a house from the ground up. If you ever catch me writing, talking, or even *thinking* about remodeling, remind me of this blog post.

On a positive note, I've passed the halfway mark on my novel for NaNoWriMo! It's all downhill from here, and that's a good thing. Unfortunately, I have 4500 words to write tonight to remain on schedule. Doing NaNoWriMo makes me feel like I'm constantly behind. I am really looking forward to day 25 when I can put a _final extension on my Word doc and call it done.

Wishing Tutu Honeygram well as she journeys here from Texas with Teddy the three-legged wonder dog!

***
Technorati tags: , ,