My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

The points at which I broke into hysterical laughter


Thomas on the plane
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
Just a quickie to say we made it home safe and sound and only slightly crazed. I've put up pictures from our visit to Wonder Works Children's Museum and our Easter luncheon, and I'm working on the miscellaneous pictures.

The plane ride home was particularly challenging. It was in the late afternoon so the kids were jacked up and yet--and yet!--unable to fall asleep. Emily was great (Yes, she'll be going with me to New York later this year *sans* Thomas), but Thomas was the devil in a size 2T. Here are two things I wrote on a scrap of paper when I was at my breaking points, when all I could do was laugh hysterically and ponder my fate in a decidedly non-Zen like way.

Point #1: After the third time I changed Thomas's (#2) diaper in the miniscule airplane bathroom. Will this flight never end?! Also: Why me?! Cue hysterical laughter.

Point #2: Three minutes before the plane touches down. Why is it that Thomas only gives up the sleep fight on long distance flights minutes before we land?! Also: Why me?! Cue hysterical laughter.

When we touched down, Thomas said, "Are we flying?" Argh.

Thankfully, after a full night's sleep, I am back in love with the kid. But I think that airlines should offer flights with on-board daycare. Wouldn't that be great? I'd spend whatever it cost to outsource that particular kind of pain. In a heartbeat.